6 reasons to use an infographic
Your customers are suffering from information overload? Data visualisation helps people remember and digest. A cleverly designed infographic will give you greater success in getting your sales message across.
Presenting complex information in a simple and enaging way.
To succeed in marketing your business and sales messages, you must be informative but also entertain the reader. This can be very hard through text alone. People don’t like to read data, they prefer to look at pictures. So we combine text and pictures to make your message pop. We create cost effective and visually arresting infographics that present complex information clearly.
Solving your delivery of data problems.
Information graphics or infographics are visual representations of information, data or knowledge. We call them data visualization or “data viz”. You can call us data journalists or information graphic designers. We visualize your information (ideas, subjects, issues, statistics, questions) with minimum of words. This makes your message fun and interesting to digest and readily shared by your community (which is great for SEO and brand awareness).
Designing an infographic is not the same as designing a website or flyer.
Even some of the best graphic designers, cannot execute an effective infographic design. Creating infographics requires a deep understanding data viz. It starts with a rule from cinema which is to show, not tell. All good stories have a beginning, middle and end. At the beginning of your infographic we introduce the problem, back it up with data and end with a call to action. It is the level of illustration and strategy behind our infographics that make them so successful.
What’s the a-ha moment?
Every good infographic has a hook or primary take-away that makes the viewer say “A-ha!”. We make this hook the focal point of the design, so that viewers know what to take away.
Now for those 6 reasons:
The data from our infographic:
- 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual, and visuals are processed 60,000X faster in the brain than text. (Sources: 3M Corporation and Zabisco)
- 40% of people will respond better to visual information than plain text. (Source: Zabisco)
- Blog posts with videos attract 3 times more inbound links than plain text posts. (Source: SEOmoz)
- 46% of people say a website’s design is the number one criterion for discerning the credibility of the company. (Source: Stanford Persuasive Technology Lab)
- On Facebook, photos perform best for likes, comments, and shares as compared to text, video, and links. (Source: Dan Zarrella)
- Viewers spend 100% more time on pages with videos on them. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- 25 million smartphone users stream 4 hours of mobile video per month. 75% of smartphone users watch videos on their phones, 26% of whom use video at least once a day. (Sources: Ooyala and Ipsos)
- Viewers are 85% more likely to purchase a product after watching a product video. (Source: Internet Retailer)
- Publishers who use infographics grow in traffic an average of 12% more than those who don’t. (Source: AnsonAlex)
We design infographics for clients Australia wide.
We create infographics for Australia’s most loved brands, because people trust that we can tell powerful visual stories with their data.
See our work